Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Hori Hori Garden Knife

I have finally decided to buy a good Hori Hori Knife.  
This one from MB Hana on Amazon.com is stainless steel. Others are made from carbon steel which is easier to sharpen, but stainless steel will not rust.  Reviews indicate mixed feelings about the sheath, but most people like it, and say it is good quality.  Reviewers are generally very happy with this multi-purpose knife which they say holds a very sharp edge after constant use. 
I also like this one from Garrett Wade. The handle has a good strong cross guard.  The blade is carbon steel, but reviewers do not seem to find that a negative. 
This Japanese Hori Hori is available in both carbon steel and stainless steel.  It too is available from Garrett Wade.


I'm not sure which one I will buy, but I'm sure I will find this tool indispensable.   Please share your opinions about Hori Hori knives you have used.

No comments:

Post a Comment